For 17 years, the Friends of the Way of St. James – Jacobean Studies Centre of Estella-Lizarra have been carrying out an activity aimed at primary school pupils, consisting of walking a stretch of the Way of St. James near our town.
This year, within the context of the 60th anniversary of the 63rd pilgrimage of Antonio Roa, Jimeno Jurío and Jaime Eguaras, we have organised a walk for 5th and 6th grade students from schools along the French Way in Tierra Estella: those of Estella-Lizarra, Villatuerta, Los Arcos and Viana.
This activity has the particularity that it will have a large number of participants.
It is organised jointly by the Friends of the Way of Saint James, the Jacobean Studies Centre of Estella-Lizarra, the Tierra Estella Studies Centre (CETE) and with the collaboration of the Mystery of Obanos Foundation. It will take place on Friday 5 May 2023, according to the following proposal:
- Participants: 400 PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS.
- Route: Lorca-Estella (about 9 km).
- The day will take place according to the following timetable:
- 8:45-9:00 h: Departure by bus from the corresponding school in the direction of Lorca.
- 9:30 h: Departure from the Salt River Bridge in Lorca to make the journey to Estella-Lizarra.
- 11:00 h: Lunch in Villatuerta.
- 11:30 h: We continue to Estella-Lizarra.
- 12:30 h: Arrival in Estella-Lizarra. End of the route.
Members of our Association will support the march contributing with their knowledge and experience in the Jacobean route and will be accompanied by teachers from the corresponding centres. As a novelty, we organise together with the CETE a contest of stories and tales, drawing and lapbook whose theme is the Camino de Santiago.
We would like to take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings and remain at your disposal.
Maxi Ruiz de Larramendi y Meche Osés:
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com